Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Importance of Shifts

Man, it seems like forever right? I do not have to tell you that things have been busy on my end. But I felt like I needed to "pay forward" today's message.. So, how are all of you? What's new? Update me.. You know how much I love to hear about all the wonderful things goings ons..LOL.. Me- let's see, there have been some great "shifts" happening in my personal and professional life. Shifts are always scary (especially when you are already comfortable where you are) but "shifts" are always necessary for your own personal growth so I am strapped in for the ride.... Scary (yes) Scared (no) Necessary (always) Easy (never)... So, yesterday I visited a new church (Bethany in NJ) with a beautiful young woman- her spirit lights up a room (Thanks KB, we must do that again) and it was certainly where God intended me to be- he made no mistakes in my visit yesterday.

How many of you can relate to a "right on time message?". Well yesterday that is what I and my very good friend received. After service her and I talked about "shifts". I can certainly relate to being at a place where your next "shift" is right at your finger tips but you question whether or not you are prepared to walk into that next chapter. The message at service yesterday spoke about breakthroughs- so right on time for me (and few people I know). How many of us complain about all of the hardships we are experiencing at the moment? ( I know I am not the only one..LOL)- you talk about how tired you are of this and how tired you are of that and how you wish this and wish that. You feel like life is falling down around you daily right?.. But you never stop to think that all of the break-ups in your life are happening to make room for your breakthroughs. It's very easy to become a "complainer of your circumstance" but never as easy to make those break-ups the motivation you need to continue to press on... Remember, shifts are an important part of life and even though they take you away from your comfort zone, they also take you to the door of your breakthrough-- will you answer the door?

Live Love Life
Shay

When wisdom enters your heart, And knowledge is pleasant to your soul, Discretion will preserve you; Understanding will keep you, ( Proverbs 2:10-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment