Monday, October 26, 2009

Letting Go of Fears... Embracing Change...

Last night I went looking for a dress (in case my designer friend stands me up this weekend). I wound up buying something (though it looks too dressy), coming home and trying it on with my, shoes (a few pair),cap, gown, tassel and regalia. And I got choked up ( I didn’t cry this time :-) ) . But I stared at myself in the mirror for 5 minutes telling myself that the real part of my life has started, and moving on to a new chapter is exciting but scary in the same emotion. Going into a new phase of your life is always a bit scary because it’s often difficult for folks to embrace change. But on the other hand, as I always say Change is Necessary for Growth- and that was the last thing I said to myself before I actually took off everything and laid down. I was up late last night just thinking about how MUCH I’ve changed and how afraid I was back then when I was experiencing that change. My overall point is it’s important for us to let of our fears and embrace change. It’s the only way we are able to actually look back and see progress in our lives.

Love Ya
Shay

No comments:

Post a Comment