Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Momentum of Motivation

Ok, so I have a question to pose... How often do we feel so unmotivated we say " I'll do it tomorrow"? - Come on now, stop acting like it's just me.. LOL.. We KNOW the task ahead of us but we aren't motivated to complete it.. OK, so I have another question- How do you find your motivation? Listen, I'll be the first to admit that there were many things I waited until tomorrow for and tomorrow seemed to be three years later..LOL.. One of those being my recent MBA degree. It wasn't until I was sitting at Howard University watching my beautiful mentee graduate when it hit me- My tomorrow never came with my goal for continuing my education. After attending her ceremony on a Saturday I applied for my own classes on that Tuesday..

Often time we put off our major goals until tomorrow for whatever reason. I was having a conversation with a friend of mine who wants to go back to school but is unsure of the economy and how it will affect his decision (just so you know EB I will be on your butt about it..LOL). Yes, there is a such thing as being realistic and really lazy...LOL.. Is it realistic to be motivated every day of the week, 24 hours a day- Heck No! We all have lazy days BUT it's on how many of those days we make lazy days that's the problem.. Whatever your goal, task or dream I challenge you to take a move towards it TODAY and not wait until tomorrow! Remember a determined person will do more with a pen and paper, than a lazy person will accomplish with a personal computer. - Catherine Pulsifer

Live, Love, Laugh
Shaneiree

Those who don't understand determination call determination stubbornness or too driven. To be determined is to see it through! Catherine Pulsifer

No comments:

Post a Comment